Glycerine is derived from a plant-based oils. It is a type of moisturising agent that pulls water into the outer layer of the skin from deeper levels of the skin. It hydrates the skin and helps the skin shed dead skin cells to give a smooth skin. At Toke cosmetics glycerine is added to our shea butter, fair and even lotion for moisturising the skin and making it glow.
BENEFITS OF GLYCERINE TO THE SKIN
- It improves skin barrier function
- Provides protection against skin irritants
- Accelerate wound healing processes
- Relieve dry skin
- It can be used as a thickening agent
- Glycerine can be added to soap or body cream to get a more effective results